Why I'm Not Commenting On Your Blog

I wanted to comment on your blog.

But for some reason, Google will no longer let me comment. It's annoying. I write out an elaborate remark. Underneath the box, it says, "Comment as" and I toggle the thingy that says, "Google Account," and then I push "publish."

And my comment disappears.

This has been happening for a while, and I'm getting exasperated. My dh suggested that perhaps I have been Banished for Inappropriate Content but I can't imagine why or when or by whom. Has anyone else had this happen? Any solution?

Comments

I had this problem for a couple of weeks and then it seemed to resolve itself, though it comes up again intermittently. At home I switched to Firefox and the problem went away. At work we use IE8 and if I use the "InPrivate" option, I can post to blogs.
Charlie Rice said…
Oh good, I thought it was personal! ;D
Maria Zannini said…
What browser are you using? Whenever I have this problem it's either one of two things. Either my browser needs updating (I use Firefox) or the cache needs to be emptied. (Shut down completely and reboot.)

It's usually my browser. If I switch to Internet Explorer (which updates automatically), it's fine.
Ban said…
nope, you're not alone, happens to me ALLLLLL the time so I've stopped commenting as well :( not even sure this will post ...
February Grace said…
I only had the problem in IE, when I tried commenting in Firefox (the most up to date version) it works! Hope that helps you out.

It's weird that the InPrivate windows work for Scott tho cause those are the ones that won't work for me in IE8!? Weird. Maybe a firewall issue but I hear it's happening all over the place.

Hope it resolves for you soon.

bru
Krista said…
I have never had the problem on my computer. But, I sometimes have the problem on my andriod phone. Usually I can just press back and my comment is still there and I try publishing again.
dolorah said…
Yeah; I've been getting a lot of "white space" when I try to comment or log in on other blogs.

Annoying as all get out. Tonight, I've been places I haven't commented in ages it seems.

I hope this issue is finally being cleared up . .

.........dhole