2 Things That Always Make Kids Giggle



What you really want to know is when Wing will be out. The answer is... Soon. Very soon.

In the meantime, I have to confess something. I have three kids, the oldest of whom just turned six. They are very good at wriggling stories out of me. Sometimes illustrated stories. What can I say? They're my kids and I spend a lot of time with them.

My kids are semi-home schooled. What that means is that I send them to a public school as a form of babysitting, so I have time to work. However, I don't really trust the public school system to educate them properly, so I also have a curriculum of homework that I do with them myself. (Half of the parents out there are shaking their heads saying, "That's hardly good enough" and the other half are shaking their heads saying, "You make your kids do homework?") So I have alphabet books and number books and fun books about turtles and cats and poop. Ewwwww! Poop? Yes, my kids find anything related to poop or farts to be HILARIOUS.

I never intended to write children's stories, but since I have them, I decided to publish them. They are available in print as well as online. So if any of you have young kids, you might enjoy them.

These picture books are aimed at infants and toddlers -- the zero to five crowd. In the future, look out for some chapter books. Every night I tell my kids a story, and each story ends on a cliffhanger, usually when I run out of things to say. By the next night, I have to figure out how to continue the story! I started recording these with a dictation app on my iPhone and I'm polishing them up. I'd like them to have nicer illustrations than I have time to paint, so I'm enlisting my sister, who is presently enrolled in Art School, to illustrate them for me. The publication schedule will probably be influenced by how heavy her class load is next semester. :)  However, hopefully, we'll get a few of those out there by Christmas.

That's all the news, except that one of my fans is getting married in two weeks, and she has hinted that the publication of Wing would be a lovely wedding present. Talk about pressure! I promise nothing yet, but I do wish her the very best and I am working hard to prepare this gift for all my fans!






Comments