Authors Just Wanna Have Fun

There are times I want to write something truly DEEP.

And then there's the rest of the time. I just want to write something fun.

Yeah, I know the battle between the four-armed rakshasa and the two-headed dragon isn't profound soul-wrenching stuff, but it would make for great eye-candy in the film version. Special effects! Explosions! Hot babes in chain-mail bikinis and bare-chested hunks waving swords! Add a kickass soundtrack.

Sometimes I like to write books that would be best watched drunk.

Is that so wrong?

Comments

Marieke said…
Nope. It's fun. :)
No lol thats awesome. you gotta let it out somehow!!
Elizabeth Poole said…
Not at all! You're thinking about potential movie goers!

Seriously, I think there's something to be said for writing something that is also visually stunning.
Derek J. Canyon said…
That's the only kind of book I want to write. ;)