My eBook Is Now Available for Sale! Plus, Win a Kindle!






Yay!

This time I'm not messin' with ya'll. It's really, truly for sale. The description is still not showing on the .us Amazon, although it is showing on .uk for some reason. There are no reviews yet, of course. I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who will post a review.

The print version is still not available yet, but I am working hard to bring that to you.

I also signed in to Amazon Associates, so if you click through to Amazon from the link on my blog or webpage, I will get a referral fee in addition to my royalties. Man, I got three kids. Every little bit helps.

And while we're on the subject of shameless pandering, if you've been on the fence about buying a Kindle and the thought of reading my ebook has, inexplicably tipped you into buying one, then now would also be a good time to click through the link on my site and buy it.

Not yet? Well, I'll just stick it next to my blog posts in case you change your mind.

* * *

WIN A KINDLE...

Meanwhile, I'm also holding a drawing to win a Kindle as part of my promotion. You can buy one or more "tickets" for the drawing:

1. Mention the book AND this contest with a link to the Amazon page on Facebook, Twitter or your blog = 1 Ticket (for each link)
2: Post a review on your blog, Goodreads or Amazon = 5 tickets (for each review)
3. Make a video about the book and post it = 25 tickets

Then comment here or email me and let me know you've done. (Link so I can pass the link on). Once I've sold 500 "tickets", I'll hold the drawing. The more tickets you've earned, the better your chances of winning, but even if you've only mentioned it once, you'll still have at least one chance in 500 of winning.

Someone is raising a hand. Question: "Tara, I already clicked through on your link and bought my own Kindle, yet I really want to make an xtranormal video acting out one of the stories from your anthology. What should I do?!"

My answer: "No problem! For those who want to enter the contest but don't need or want a Kindle, I will offer the option of giving an Amazon gift card of equivalent value."

Anyone who wants to read the book for free to do a review, just ask me and I'll send you the Word.doc. Of course, then you will miss out on my awesome formatting skills. ;)

Someone is raising a hand. Question: "Tara, I want to win a Kindle, but I'm too lazy and cheap to buy and/or read your whole book. Can I cheat and write a review?"

My answer: "No problem! I, too, am lazy and cheap, so I won't hold it against you. Here's how!"

On Amazon, you can download Kindle for the Web and read a sample of the book on your computer. It includes two short stories and the beginning of another story. Hey, you could just review those stories! And then assume your words of praise apply to the whole book. Or again, you can email me and I'll give you the whole thing for free, and you can just pick one or two stories that interest you and review those. I will give out a free copy to anyone who will write a review in any venue.

Another question: "Tara, I read your book, and I want to tell the world it stank like a halloween pumpkin left on the porch until Christmas. If I post a bad review can I still enter the contest?

My answer: "Of course. Until I get my mind-control devise working, I have no way of forcing you to have the good taste to like my book. Be honest."

Seriously, don't be afraid to give your honest opinions. I will still link to your review. I'd rather you mention the book than not. There's no such thing as bad publicity. Do think of the Golden Rule, and review others as you would like to be reviewed, for the sake of your soul and your karma, but that's between you and God, not between you and me. ;)

You can read a sample RIGHT NOW: Conmergence: An Anthology of Speculative Fiction

Or just buy the book. That would be cool too. :)

Comments

C. N. Nevets said…
I already planned on doing all those things, except the video and goodreads, so... sweet...
Tara Maya said…
Thanks, Nevets. :) Just let me know, if you can, what you've done, so I can enter it in my SPSS file. :D
C. N. Nevets said…
hahaha Well said.

I am going through SPSS withdrawal, actually. I wish I were joking.
Jai Joshi said…
Fabulous stuff, Tara! Congratulations that your book is on sale. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Jai
Whoa! A free Kindle?! Sweeet. Well, like Nevets, I was going to do all that anyway. Count me in!
C. N. Nevets said…
I'm actually sort of intrigued about the idea of making a video for someone else's book. I'll probably tackle that just for kicks and giggles once I've started reading.
Unknown said…
Great book. I've posted my first review on Amazon: (http://www.amazon.com/review/R3S8YL5HJO28DV/ref=cm_cr_dp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0047GN96A&nodeID=133140011&tag=&linkCode=). I'm looking forward to reading more from you.