You Can Now Get My Tips As An Ebook


Purchase this booklet on Amazon for $0.99.

If my Tips aren’t moving fast enough for you, and you’d like to read ahead to the rest of my Tips, I’ve collected them together into a booklet on Amazon.

For those of you who aren't Amazon fans, I also have a PDF which I will send upon request: tara@taramayastales.com. Or email my assistant: katie@misquepress.com.

UPDATE: You can now download the PDF for FREE on Scribd

On Amazon, the booklet will be free when I can make it so, otherwise $.99. It’s for your convenience. The same tips will be posted here for free. Also, for obvious reasons, my updates about how the techniques are working for me in my own project will only be on my blog, since I’m reporting on that as I go.

Here's some other books to help you with NaNoWriMo as long as you're at it:


2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love

I highly recommend this little book. It's only $.99 and it's excellent. It's based on the author's blog posts but definitely worth downloading to your kindle and reading several times.




Professional Plot Outline Mini-Course

Holly Lisle's has a whole library of books on writing, and they are invariably useful. This is one I've read lately, but you can also find books on world building, character and specialty subjects, such as horses.




Write-A-Thon: Write Your Book in 26 Days (And Live to Tell About It)

This one covers writing nonfiction as well as fiction, and leaves you four extra days... let's face it, you always lose at LEAST four days in the month, especially November.




The 90-Day Novel: Unlock the story within

I think 90 days is probably more of a realistic time for a novel, if you count the preliminary world-building stage and post-draft revision stage. This book is more comprehensive and helps with those stages, not just extruding a draft as fast as possible. There are many exercises to help you truly connect with your characters. It's strongly oriented toward character-based fiction.

Comments