Bollywood Goes Sci Fi

If you were wondering, why the Terminators sent back in time never succeeded in killing John Connor, we now know. Turns out, because most of them skipped town in order to start a new career as Bollywood dancers. And that army of iMac-styled robots from iRobot, the ridiculous Will Smith adaptation of Azimov's I, Robot? Ditto.

I guess Wall-E is not the only robot with a secret love for musicals.



No civilization can advance without science fiction. Seriously. Look at the countries that produce science fiction and then look at the countries that produce new science. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Glad to see Bollywood going sci-fi; it bodes well for India's journey towards superpower. And that gun is totally what Shiva would be totin' if he packed heat, you know it.

I guess my question is whether we'll really see sci fi take off in Bollywood or if this is just another anomaly, like this classic, which features A FIGHT UNTO DEATH between flying saucers and hippies with guitars.



And while we're on the subject of anomalies, I'll bet you didn't know (or knew, but were desparately trying to forget) that Tarzan went to Delhi.



Incidentally, Edgar Rice Burroughs was so disgusted with the way Hollywood portrayed Tarzan, that he decided to start a movie studio to produce his own Tarzan films. I can only imagine what he would have thought of the Bollywood Tarzan.

Comments

Jai Joshi said…
This made me smile!

We'll see whether or not sci-fi will take off in India. The youngsters will love it but I'm not sure about the elders...

Jai
C. N. Nevets said…
This is how I need to start my day everyday.
SandyG said…
I love it!!! Finally, we can start watching some decent sci fi and adventure movies in this country! And I kinda liked the really sexy scene with the fingers walking up Tarzan's arm...we need more Bollywood eroticism in our drab lives.
Tara Maya said…
I figured you would be able to appreciate it, Aramelle!
Derek J. Canyon said…
I need to see this movie!

I've never seen a Bollywood movie, but this trailer makes me want to fly to India!
Tara Maya said…
Oh, I'm sure it's available here. Or online. You might be able to find a version with English subtitles. Although half the fun is inviting over a bunch of friends, getting drunk, and narrating it yourself.