Druids - Book Trailer of the Day



This is really two book trailers. The first minute is a trailer for a docu-drama on the History Channel. Then, finally, once we are suitably educated in the history of the period, the trailer for the novel begins -- and even then, tells more than is necessary.

Now, fortunately for Josh Langston and Barbara Galler-Smith, I LOVE history, so this approach hasn't completely lost me. I love a well-researched historical novel.

However, this book, from small but prestigious Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing, would benefit from a more dynamic trailer. *cough* music *cough* I read both nonfiction and fiction, but I do like to know which I am reading at the time. Anyway, the plot of this novel, once it appeared, sounded good, and of course I am always looking for useful tips on how to deal with the cultural rot which threatens from within.

Comments

C. N. Nevets said…
I like documentaries. I like non-fiction. I have an undergrad in history and a masters in anthropology/archaeology. Even so, if you hadn't told me there was a bit about the book coming up, I would have bailed on that trailer.
Tara Maya said…
One of the authors told there is second trailer. I would be curious to see it, but haven't tracked it down yet. If I find it, I will post it as well.
Jai Joshi said…
I love documentaries on the history channel.

Jai