Dragon Hunters - Book Trailer of the Day



This trailer uses standard tours of the book cover and unspecialized stock footage. It's also too long -- in my opinion, one minute or under is best -- and throws a bit too many plot points at you. After I watched this once, if you quizzed me, I wouldn't be able to say much more than "Dragon Hunters have to stop Dragon King's daughter from destroying world with the magic dohicky. And something about a desert." So do the other plot points merely detract? Weeeeeeell. I'm not sure. They do convey that there will be a lot of action and adventure and various nere'do'wells. Who is the mysterious woman? The assassin?

The music and pacing are good, moreover, and that is so critical to making a book trailer worth re-watching. The more times I watched it, the more I picked up about the book.

Comments

C. N. Nevets said…
The stock images of people are very distracting to me, and I felt the music should have changed up when the blurbs and credits started. Still, the overall impression from the artwork was positive enough to make me think about re-watching it to catch more of the text.

On the other hand, the length told me to wait until later.