Questions With Which To Torture Myself

1.) Have I ruined the book trying to improve it?

2.) Is meeting Death incarnate and recieving a Magic McGruffin actually more cliche than what I had before?

3.) Are Books 1 & 2 the weakest in the series, and if so, why would anyone want to read the rest of the series? Is the tone consistant across the series?

4.) Am I handling the hero's story all wrong? Is he drool-worthy?

5.) Should I keep in the explicit lovemaking scene or tame it down?

6) Does my plot make sense or is it completely nonsensical?

7) Is it okay that the book ends on a cliff-hanger -- with the heroine's magic unrevealed and the question of what to do with the Magic MacGruffin unresolved?

Comments

A read won't hate you for ending the book with a cliff hanger, unless it's the last book in the series. If you do that, I think you deserved to be stalked by crazed, angry readers.
Tara Maya said…
Nah, I would never leave a *series* with no ending. The punishment for that is death by scorpions. The series has a very conclusive -- hopefully satisfying -- ending. It's just the first six books I plan to end on cliffhangers.
Flower said…
My question I ask myself all the time is...

will I wake up to an angry church mob outside my door and get kicked out of the bible belt if my book gets published! ;-)