Up To My Neck In It, As Usual

I don't do it consciously, but that doesn't mean I don't do it on purpose.

I always overbook myself with work.

When I have too little to do,  actually do even less than little. When I have too much, even though I might come up short, at least I finish a few things. It's frustrating, but maybe it's meant to be. Without that slight buzz of worry at the back of your mind that you should be doing something, nothing would get done. In the long run, that wouldn't be very satisfactory.

Of course, I know people can overdo this. Type A personalities who are innately worried and obsessed to begin with need to learn to relax.

I am by nature pretty relaxed. So I need to push myself if I am to do more with my life than sitting on a beach looking pretty. (Did I ever mention I worked as a mermaid once? That's what it involved. Sitting on a beach looking pretty. Letting folks take their pictures with me and give me tips, which I spent at the used bookstore across the way. Oh, and flirting with hot guys. Good grief, why did I give up that job?!)

Anyhoo... I'm working on cover art today.

I also put The Unfinished Song: Initiate up for sale at $0.99! I don't know how long I'll leave it at that price, so if you've been meaning to buy it but haven't gotten around to it, now would be a good time.  :)

Oh, under the "dumb mistakes I made" category, I discovered that I entered the title on my kindle edition and print version of the book, so it's not clear from a search that they are the same book. It's obvious to a human, but not to Amazon's computers, I mean. Grrrrrr. Frustrating. I haven't figured out how to change it yet.

By the way, I'm going to start cutting back on the posts on this blog. I will only blog Mondays, and if I have a chance, maybe Fridays, just to share informal notes like this.

Also, when I get the chance, I'm going to prettify and update this blog and my cover-art blog. I really like how 500 Words looks and I may try to coordinate the three blogs better.

Comments

Hmmm, not sure how to change that either. Ugh. That sucks.

I always overbook everything. Always overpiling my plate. That reminds me I have to get to Notes soon and send you the cover template. :)