Review: Tarot Deck - Little Odd

 


Since I've been immersed in Tarot in order to research my series, I thought that I should start posting reviews of decks. 

I collect Tarot decks. In addition to the ones I've found on my own, I also inherited a collection from a parental unit. 

Can you guess how many decks I own?

Ugh, wait, nevermind. If I ask that... 

I'll have to count them.

Anyway, it's over 20. 

Forgive me if I'm a little rough at this... I've reviewed books before, but not Tarot decks, so I'm not sure what's helpful.

This is the Little Odd deck illustrated by Michelle Castro with consultation from Ashton Maxwell. I backed this deck on Kickstarter.

 I'll simply show some pictures and explain the things that drew me to the deck initially and what I think about it now that I've received it. 

The illustration style is spar but quirky and cute.

I like that. 


From the Suit of Cups: Two of Cups, Three of Cups and Four of Cups.

Aren't they cute?




I haven't done a Reading with them yet. But I have used them.

You see, even before I decided to write an entire series about Tarot, I often used Tarot to help me write. I have three major methods that Tarot cards can help me when I'm writing. One day, maybe I'll talk about them in more detail.

Here's short and sweet of it:

1. I pull a random card to get an idea for a scene if I'm stuck.

2. I do a Reading for a character in the story to learn more about the character and the story.

3. I place the cards in order, either using the Major Arcana, or one of the suits, to give me a rough story outline.

In this case, I used the last method. And you know what?

The simple, stark black-and-white drawings, which are close enough to the Rider-Waite (which I learned on) to recognize at a glance, worked EVEN BETTER than the deck I normally use for readings.


I used the Little Odd deck to brainstorm ideas for the follow-up series 
to the Major Arcana, the Tarot Princesses of Arcana Glen series.


So I'm really glad I supported this deck! 

Again, you can check out the Little Odd deck here.

By the way...

You can read a free Arcana Glen novella by signing up to my Newsletter... which means you'll also get to see pictures of my bunny rabbit and my day-old baby kitten. Just sayin.' 

(Kitten may be older by the time you read this post, but the novella should still be free.)


Comments