Cannibalism and Parenthood

I took my younger son (also known as "Spawn: the Sequel") to his doctor for immunizations. The doctor reminded us of the usual things. Don't shake him. Put him to sleep on his back. Car seat must face backwards. And so on.

She added, "It's also great to read to him. At this point, he doesn't care what you read, he just loves to hear your voice. You can read him any book, whatever you're reading, such as..."

Here she leaned over to pick up the nonfiction book I had brought in with me. She read the title out loud.

"...Cannibalism, Headhunting and Human Sacrifice in North America." Pause. Blink. Look of horror. "Um. Ok, maybe not that book."

Note to self: Do not bring research books for that chapter on human sacrifice into the pediatrician's office.

Comments

Sarah Jensen said…
Okay, that is the best dr visit story ever! I'm laughing so hard!